Are you wanting to be more present, real and heart-centred within yourself, your relationships and your community? Come join our Heart Circle group.
“A Heart Circle is an “awareness-practice” circle designed to open our hearts while creating community together. We practice being more present, real, heart-directed and connected in life.”
Heart Circles are made up of people wanting to support each other in feeling and following what they love.
You benefit by having:
- Others who support you in manifesting joy in your life.
- Friends who will celebrate with you the journey of life.
- Others who will be there for you during crises.
- Others with whom to build sustainable communities.
- Others who’ll be responding with you to the changes that are coming in the future.
Heart Circles also help us to spend real time together, be open and honest with one another and form agreements that help us resolve conflicts.
What is a Heart Circle?
Heart Circles are small, self-facilitated support groups for people wanting to become more creative, joyful, intuitive, heart-directed and responsive to the uncertain times in which we live. When people sit in Circle with each other to explore what they truly want to create in their lives and the world, they connect quickly and deeply.
Our species is at an evolutionary crossroads: we are moving out of individual survival and collective competition into individual happiness and collective cooperation.
“In Heart Circles we learn how to find stillness together in the eye of change. We find out what we’re feeling and wanting in order to create positive change. We resolve conflict and clear the fear that change often brings. All this so that we can experience what never changes: sovereignty, community, connection and Love itself.” - Tej Steiner, Heart Circle Founder
Heart Circle Agenda
TUNE-IN TO BE PRESENT
We sit in silence together, clearing our mind, getting present and feeling what we are each feeling.
CHECK-IN TO BE REAL
Inform the others as to how he or she is feeling as the Circle begins and relay any significant event or insight that occurred since the previous Circle.
A 20 minute discussion of one of the 26 Heart Circle Questions… this is designed to activate heart intelligence and increase group cohesion.
FOCUS ON HEART WANTS TO BE HEART-DIRECTED
Each member takes 10 to 15 minutes to talk about what he or she wants to manifest in one of the basic areas of life: Partnership or marriage, individual friends, community, work, money, play or leisure, health, learning or creativity and the details of life.
REFLECT ON DISCUSSION
10 minute discussion of how that meeting’s Heart Circle question affected the Circle dynamic
COMPLETE IN RESONANCE TO FEEL CONNECTED
Sit in silence together for a few minutes, followed by each member sharing a sentence on how he or she experienced the meeting or by naming one thing that he or she is grateful for as a result of being in Circle.
How do I join the Circle?
This group is open to both men and women.
- Email meif you are interested in joining our circle in Capri, Noordhoek.
- Make sure you are familiar with the basic info in the manual that I will then email you.
- We meet every alternate Thursday at 7pm.
- At the end of the eight weeks we’ll decide who wants to continue at the next agreed upon period of time.
Suggested donation per meeting: R50 (at the end of the 8-week period we’ll decide where in the community we’d like to donate the money we’ve accumulated to.)
Heart Circles work with the principles or insights that provide a foundation for deliberately creating joy. Here are eight of those insights.
- Everyone moves back and forth between happiness and unhappiness continuously, between feeling high and feeling low, between feeling good and feeling bad.
- There is an unconscious or conscious desire in everyone to move out of pain and suffering and into happiness and joy.
- There is a pivotal ‘awakening’ when we realize that we can actually choose to be in these higher energy states of joy, connection, and creativity.
- The ‘ultimate’ practice for being in joy is to feel and then choose that which brings us joy. (‘joy’ can be replaced with other words: peace, contentment, being in the moment, love, etc.)
- There is a direct relationship between what we want and what we receive.
- Feeling and following what we want requires that we distinguish between our ‘hidden, conditioned wants’ and our ‘conscious, heart-felt wants.’
- What we are manifesting in our lives that we don’t want can be used to clarify what we do want.
- In the higher energetic states of love, joy, integrity, gratitude, etc, the actual experience of who we are changes dramatically. We go from thinking that we are separate from everything to experiencing that we are connected to everything.
Why the Heart?
“The human heart emits the strongest electromagnetic field in our body. The heart’s electromagnetic field is five thousand times stronger than the brain’s electromagnetic field. This electromagnetic field envelops the entire body extending out in all directions, and it can be measured up to several feet outside of the body. Research shows that as we consciously focus on feeling a positive emotion it has a beneficial effect on our own health and well-being, and can have a positive affect on those around us.
Fifty percent of heart cells are neural and form their own neural network, the intelligence of the heart.
Heart possesses it’s own intrinsic nervous system a network of brain cells with over 40 000 neurons. It can independently process and make decisions.
The heart has direct neural connection to the emotional centres of the brain and has its own logic… the wisdom of the heart.
To have an open heart is to be fully awakened and truly alive.” -Vito Santana
Basically the power to manifest and impact on the world is 5000 times stronger when coming from the heart!